* Linda Munoz is selected to present her summer research work at the National SACNAS Conference in October 2011. Congratulations! 19 August 2011
* Solar-driven microbial photoelectrochemical cell (Solar MPC) is selected as NSF highlights!!! "Mini-bugs+Sunlight=Alternative Fuel" 19 August 2011
* Alissa Zhang, Marion Lepert and Jay Reddy join the group as high school summer interns. Welcome! 13 June 2011.
* Alissa Zhang won five awards in the Synopsis Science Fair, including: 1) United States Navy and Marine Corps Award - Outstanding science or engineering fair projects. 2) 1st place, ASM (A Society for Materials) International Award - Best projects with ingenuity in materials engineering, metallurgy and materials and processes, demonstrates materials paradigm, scientific method clear, layout of project. 3) Fair Manager's Graphic Design Award - Best graphic presentation of ideas, work and discoveries. 4) 1st place, Society of Vacuum Coaters Award - expertise and ingenuity in coatings and allied fields. and 5) 1st place, Apatite to Zircon, Inc. Award. Congratulations Alissa!!! April 2011.
* Yichuan passed the second year seminar. Congratulations Yichuan! March 2011.
* Rohan Mahajan selected as one of the 2011 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists!!! Congratulations! Have a nice trip to Washington D.C. 26 January 2011 (Link: http://www.societyforscience.org/page.aspx?pid=728; http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_17209589?nclick_check=1)
* Rohan Mahajan selected as one of the 2011 Intel Science Talent Search Semi-finalists!!! Congratulations Rohan! 12 January 2011
* "Novel nanocomposites generate photoelectrochemical hydrogen", SPIE Newsroom. 15 November 2010.
* Rohan Mahajan selected as one of the 2010 Siemens Science competitions semifinalists! Congratulations! 22 October 2010.
* Gongming passed the oral exam. Congratulations Gongming! August 2010.
* Hanyu Wang joins the group as new graduate student. Welcome! July 2010.
* Hana Khosla, Rohan Mahajan and Alissa Zhang join the group as high school summer interns. Welcome Kids! July 2010.
* Gongming passed the second year seminar. Congratulations Gongming! March 2010.
* News for the work of CdSe quantum dot sensitized N-doped TiO2 nanomaterials for solar hydrogen generation: "Composite nanomaterials show promise for solar hydrogen generation", UCSC News, fuelcellworks.com, physorg.com; "Scientists Develop a Quantum-Dot Process to Split Water and Generate Hydrogen", greenoptimistic.com; "PEC Development Could Make Hydrogen a More Viable Fuel Source", azocleantech.com. February 2010.
* Yat Li receives Senior Visiting Scholar Fellowship, Fudan University, China. January 2010.
* Yichuan Ling joins the group as new graduate student. Welcome! September 2009.
* Yat Li receives NSF Career Award. July 2009.
* Yat Li receives Visiting Scientist Fellowship, National Center for Electron Microscopy, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. October 2008.
* Gongming Wang joins the group as new graduate student. Welcome! September 2008.
* Dr. Xunyu Yang joins the group as new postdoctoral researcher. Welcome! February 2008.
* Yat Li joins Department
of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California Santa Cruz. An exciting
journey begins now!!! July 2007.